Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about Melanie
13 RANDOM Things

1. Tonight is Nick's 3rd Grade School play. He has a two line speaking part and is very excited.

2. His father and I are attending alone while the rest of the boys enjoy Baked Ziti with their Aunt Kiki at our house.

3. We will be visiting Lowes tonight after the play to price garden pond kits.

4. We will also be looking for something to remove a little furry thing I saw in the garage this morning. Hoping he left on his own since I left the door open a bit but if not he's taking his leave one way or another. I like Mickey Mouse....not a garage one.

5. Tomorrow begins a weekend of house projects for me. Yippee! I hate doing it but the end result will be grand!

6. I will start tomorrow by cleaning and organizing my closet. It seems to be the bottomless pit of storage for anything and everything in our house that does not have a proper home. I want to be able to get to my clothes again.

7. The kids have a birthday party on Saturday afternoon for a friend's step-child. She wants Bratz dolls, Bratz clothing, Bratz make-up, Bratz anything. I would not buy those for my own kids but whatever - I have boys thank God.

8. Sunday is the Autism Walk for Jake! I am so looking forward to going to a place where any of Jake's stims or outbursts do not draw one single stare since everyone there is so familiar with it all.

9. Next week we have lots of appointments and meetings. The biggest one is Matthew's next cardiologist visit and full testing - EKG, Chest XRays, the whole nine. Can't wait for that to be over with!

10. My mother goes in for surgery tomorrow morning to see if the cysts and abnormal cells in her uterus and on her ovaries are cancerous. They will be removed along with part of her uterus lining. And she is crazy enough to think she will be at the walk Sunday and in work on Monday. Looney lady....

11. I am in Disney withdrawl. I am dying to go back even for a day. Trying to find the money and time to escape there.

12. I am no longer working for my BIL's company which makes #11 very hard to do! Happy about having more time for house stuff and for the boys.

13. I'm completely tired of these 85 degree days. I want to turn off my a/c and I want my electric bill to go down. Yes I know I should not complain since I live here I deal with the temps but I would love to see some fall temps! I would trade in a day at the beach to go apple picking any day!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Wendy's Whimsies

  • Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




    Posted By Melanie @ 1:46 PM |
    Comments:
    Here from Michele.

    This is one of the most colorful blogs I have ever seen and that little crew of goblins is adorable.... the tiniest one is a miniature Yoda isn't he?
     
    Hi Melanie. Dropping in from Michele's tonight.

    I'd be happy to send you some of this newly-arrived Ontario cold. It's been below zero (Celsius) for a couple of days, and I'm really starting to question my whole bike-commuter thing.

    I'll say a prayer for your mom. Hope all went well for her today.
     
    Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: