Monday, August 29, 2005

The Daily


The Professor is home sick today from school. He has a sore throat and cough that sounds nasty. Lil' Michaelangelo is happy to have him home with him today. Someone else to bother and play with other than Mommy. Bam-Bam wasn't wanting to go back to school today, but went anyway with little resistance. I guess he knew he would be missing out on something with The Professor being allowed to stay home. The Professor has set up camp with pillow, blanket and - SHHHH - his bear on the couch watching Space Jam with Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes. Old movie but still somewhat entertaining I guess. He is eating Italian Ice after Italian Ice saying that it is helping his throat. I know it is somewhat fact and somewhat BS but I am indulging him just the same. He isn't sick often so what the hell. Got my panties in a bunch this morning over an ADHD thread at SSM this morning. It completely annoys me that people who have no kind of dealings with children with issues like ADHD can voice such opinions on the disorder such as suggesting it isn't real. I know watching my neice cry while literally forcing herself to sit still and stare at her book, struggling to focus on reading one page of it is enough for me to realize her issues are real. Yes there are more than likely diagnosed children who should not be diagnosed as having ADHD but that does not discount the ones who actually DO have the issues. People just have no idea what it is like to deal with a child whose behavior issues can not be "controlled" or "handled" through their superb parenting skills but do need other interventions, possibly meds and yes, maybe even a label. But people who do not deal with this could just never understand that being unable to control your child's behavior or even help them to learn to control their behavior could possibly be out of your hands hence labels such as ADHD and others. But your child doesn't have to deal with this and neither do you, right? So how would you begin to have a clue????? Okay I am getting more worked up on the issue than I need to be. Getting off to clean my house and play with my kids.


Posted By Melanie @ 10:41 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: