Thursday, October 06, 2005

Forgetful Me... Late Update!


I'm sorry I never updated y'all on last weekend!!! It was quite eventful around here. Let's start with last Thursday....

I waited all day for the appraiser who never showed up for the refinancing but rescheduled Friday for Monday morning where he took about 5-10 minutes to walk through the house, make notes and leave. So that was worth the fuss. Thursday night was The Professor's play which was real cute. He did good! King Papa Bear and I watched it with my sister, my sister-in-law (who's daughter in in the same grade), my niece, and my mother-in-law and her boyfriend. Everyone enjoyed it. I couldn't believe how tall The Professor was in comparison to his classmates standing at the microphones. He is like his Dad.

Friday was The Professor's 8th birthday which in our house means you pick dinner and your celebration cake/dessert. He picked McDonalds and Carvel Ice Cream Cake. By the time King Papa Bear came home from work with dinner, The Professor was in bed with the light off with a slight fever. He hardly ate anything and declined his ice cream cake asking to have it another night. He wanted to get some rest to be "okay" for his party the next day. Luckily he woke up in the morning feeling fine. His party was fun and the magician did a great job - we ordered WAY TOO MUCH pizza for all who actually showed up but that's okay since my boys will eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner without a problem. The Professor was a little upset that no one from his class made it but we still had plenty of kids there.

Sunday was the Walk FAR for NAAR walk for autism Research. It was such a short walk!!! But we had a fun day with all the free food like hotdogs, pizza, snow cones, cotton candy, chips, donuts and so much more. The kids loved the bounce houses and the face painting clown station. We walked with our family of 5, my mom, my sister, my mother-in-law, her boyfriend, my sister-in-law, my 3 nieces, Bam-Bam's teacher and her husband so we had a good size team walking for Bam-Bam. We achieved our team goal of $500 and then some - we raised $840 total!!! :) Thanks to everyone who donated!!!! :) I even made it through the whole weekend without feeling too bad!!! I was probably too busy to notice!

So that was my recap of happenings for last week. We are supposed to close on our house sometime next week which will be great to get it over with! Not to mention I am looking forward to some of that equity money coming to put in the pool. The kids will be so excited to have it. I am clueless when it comes to all of that stuff so hopefully we won't spend too much on it.

We are looking fdorward to a short weekend in Disney for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Oct 22-24th. We are even going to let the kids miss school on Monday. It will be our first year attending this bash so we are looking forward to it.

I have a candle party at my sister-in-law's tonight, so that should be fun but work to do this weekend and house stuff. Blah. Hope your weekend is great!!! :)


Posted By Melanie @ 7:14 PM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: