Monday, December 12, 2005

Tis the Season


Shopping is almost done...only a few more gifts to go that I have ideas for but need to make it to the mall - ICK! - to pick up. Christmas parties begin for us this weekend which should be fun and very busy. The kids have half days Wed.-Fri. and then winter break begins! It came so fast. I have to find some things to do to keep them busy. And to keep my house from turning into a disaster area with the three of them running around. Let's see...make cookies, some crafts, maybe a playdate or two, etc.

Wednesday is our ultrasound! I am so excited to find out what the baby is. I think it is another boy, but we will see. Looking forward to it. Thursday is Bam-Bam's PreK parent conferences and Christmas Party. That should also be fun to see the kids sing "Jingle Bells" since they have been working on it with them for over a month!

My mood from this weekend (which was LAZY) has lingered over to today and I feel like doing nothing that I need to get done! SO has my insatiable need for junk food! Yesterday was football day in this house - WOO HOO BUCS!!!. So we had subs, salads, and junk. So what did I eat so far this morning??? Tostitos with Salsa Con Queso!!! And I am seconds away from going to find the last cupcake and eat it too!!!! There is laundry to fold, a kids room to dust and vacuum and bathrooms to clean. Who really wants to do it???? Not I said the preggo mama with the tostito in her mouth... Crunch. Crunch.

The Professor is finally over the stomach virus he had...thank god. I couldn't handle cleaning anymore vomit! Especially right now. So he is back in school today after a 3 day hiatus and the weekend for a rather short week before break. Lil' Michaelangelo got used to having him home to bother I think. Speaking of Lil' Mikey, he is amazing me with his words lately. He makes me laugh with his shoulder shrug and "I dunno" answer to questions like where did your cup go? He also can name most TV and Movie characters (is that a good thing??) like "Harry" for Harry Potter, all Dora characters, all Blues Clues characters, and most Disney characters! He is counting to 10 in English and 5 in Spanish (thanks Dora!). It is all so bitter sweet since it reminds me now of all I missed seeing Bam-Bam do at this age. But Bam-Bam is really coming along and trying so hard lately to add words to his ever growing vocab list. Granted Lil' Mikey has surpassed Bam-Bam's language development right now as we knew he would but dreaded happening. Bam-Bam has surprised me though with acknowledgement of Santa with a hearty "Ho Ho Ho!" lol :)

So now that I have babbled on I need to make some kind of effort to do something around here today. So I am off to tackle some kind of housework.


Posted By Melanie @ 10:18 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: