Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Guilt


The guilt is overwhelming even though there is nothing I can do about it. Today is The Professor's Parent luncheon. I have gone to each one every year since he was in Kindergarten, one of the perks of being a WAHM is I can be involved in his daytime school functions. Well Bam-Bam is home sick again which means I can't go this year. His little face when I told him this morning that I wasn't going to be able to go was heartbreaking. I feel so awful about missing it. I remember being the kid whose mother was never able to make it to the day time school functions. The terrible feeling of being one of the only kids without their mom or dad there and feeling like you were the absolute only one. Then being paired up with another kid and their parent sometimes so you wouldn't be "left out" but instead you got to be completely uncomfortable. My poor Professor.... I wanted to cry when I saw the expression on his face this morning. He went from absolute glee when I reminded him that today was Parent Lunch to absolute despair when I said I was going to be unable to go since his brother was sick. Granted, there are not tons of parents here who attend these each year so he will probably be in the majority of kids not having a parent there today, but I feel absolutely awful like I let him down somehow. So I am going to go wallow in my guilt for awhile. :(


Posted By Melanie @ 8:22 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: