Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday Memories




Monday Memories: Did I ever tell you about My Sister Viewing The Professor's Birth?



My sister and I are about 3 years and 10 months apart, me being oldest. We were always very close. Granted we had the sibling fights that most children do both verbal and physical. I was always well versed in things whereas my sister was always a little more....shall we say naive.

When I found out I was pregnant with The Professor I was 19 years old and it was only 6 days before my 20th birthday which means My Sister was only 16 at the time. She was really good during my pregnancy helping me when I was sick and visiting. She liked to shop as most teenage girls did so baby shopping was fun to do together.

When I went into labor, I called my mother who lived about 30 minutes north of us. She stopped by the restaurant my sister worked at after school to pick her up and bring her to my house while we waited for Hubby to return from work as well. By the time everyone arrived at the house it was very near time for me to get to the hospital so I don't remember seeing her too much during the trip to the hospital or during check in.

My private birthing room was like party central! I had no idea who was actually in the room for the birth until long after my baby was here. Hubby could not manage the room and who was in it since I would not allow him to leave my side or let go of him in any way. I was going through this process au natural and I was in PAIN. So present at the birth was my husband, my mom, my step-father, my sister, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and my other sister-in-law. Yes, a party...just like I said!

During the end of the labor before I began pushing I caught a glimpse of my sister standing near the oxygen machine they had my mask hooked up to - WHITE AS A GHOST. At that point it hit me that she should not have to watch this. So I yelled for my mother to please make her leave since she looked like she was going to get sick. My mother refused and said she should be part of the "miracle" as well. So I pleaded with my hubby to please make her leave. She wouldn't go even though I was begging her to. She looked hurt that I would not want her there. Of course I did want her there but I was so worried about her that I could hardly focus.

When I was pushing I completely forgot about her being there - or anyone being there actually other than my husband and my mother who were right there with me holding onto me. After The Professor made his debut, and hubby and I were through ooh-ing and ahh-ing all over him I remembered my sister! She was on the futon couch at that point with her hands on her head. Needless to say she had always been the prude-ish type so the entire process was a bit of a shock to her system I think.

After doing her own ooh-ing and ahh-ing over her new nephew, she whispered to me that her school should show that video in sex ed and everyone would remain abstinant for a real long time like she had just decided to do! :)












Click here for the Monday Memories code
Click here for Shelli's blog


Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!






Posted By Melanie @ 9:13 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: