Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thursday 13


Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen of my Favorite Things at Disney World

How can she only pick thirteen you ask??? Well it was a hard list to make but I think I got it covered!!!!

1. The World Showcase at Epcot - I can spend hours upon hours walking through the countires and chatting with the cast members through there. I always find somehting new to see.

2. Wishes - This is my absolute favorite fireworks show of all time! They have really outdone themselves with the "magic" of this show. And how the heck do they get the hearts, faces and such to appear???

3. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - In the 10 years I have been going to Disney World with my hubby this is a must stop at place for food. It is his favorite but has also become one of mine. How can you pass up the little alien playing his organ while you eat???

4. The Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom. I love emerging from the nature covered trail starting off at the Oasis and continuing over the bridge to be right in front of the tree. We always love to try to find and identify as many animals as we can on each visit and as the boys get older they can pick out many more - even more than I can!

5. Rock'n'Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at MGM. I am a huge thrill ride fan and this one is pretty much my favorite one out all of 4 theme parks "thrill" rides. I can't wait to have the baby so I can go on it again!!!! And I love Aerosmith so what better way to experience the ride then with them and their music???

6. Soarin' at Epcot. Oh my how I love this ride. It is more new, but has already made my must see list for the trips. It is such a cool sensation to feel like you are in flight over California. I, for one, who have never been to California love to see the sights on this ride even more, I guess. Need to remember to leave sandals on floor before ride starts though....always scared to lose them!

7. Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom. This is one of my favorite restaurants. We like to eat here right around parade time and get a seat near a window when possible so the boys can see the parade and characters while we eat. Their food is fabulous and who doesn't like to eat and be visited by Minnie or Pluto or other Disney friends dressed in period attire!

8. Coronado Springs Resort This is my favorite on site property to stay at while we are at Disney. It is affordable and there is lots to do. The kids especially love the huge pyramid pool and the dig site. Hubby and I love the lake view at sunset and the hammocks off the beach. The grounds are beautiful and we really like the atmosphere!

9. Cirque du Soleil La Nouba is out of this world!!! You must go see it if you have not already! I can't wait to go back and see it again and again and again....and again.

10. Cinderella's Castle Must I elaborate??? Day or night the view of the castle is gorgeous and always fills me instantly with that Disney Magic!!! I love walking down Main Street and seeing the huge ear to ear grins on the boys faces as they stare at the castle. Eating inside at Cinderella's Royal Table is a treat to experience and another must do!

11. The Living Seas at Epcot. I love to look at all of the marine life and the huge tanks of fish with the kids. We spend hours in there just watching. The dolphins are by far my favorite. But just how cute is seeing Nemo in real life (clown fish) ????

12. The Innovations Fountains at Epcot. I can sit outside by the fountains forever and watch them. Disney Trivia for you - did you know that these fountains represent international cooperation and understanding??? Representatives from 22 countries each poured a gallon of water from their home countries into the fountain during opening!!! Little tidbit for ya! ;) (Yes I know I am a Disney nerd, but in my defense I did have to look up the exact number again before posting because I couldn't remember if it was 20 or 25 or something else. So I am not too geeky....lol)

13. The Disney "Magic" The feeling of pure exhileration as you step into the park and truly feel like you are at home. The wonderful feeling of that inner child in you wanting to burst out and play. Your own children smiling brightly at each new thing they see. The magic is all part of the experience ...so no grumps allowed!!! LOL


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Radical Mama

  • Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




    Posted By Melanie @ 10:22 AM |
    Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: