Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What's Up


Yesterday was Bam-Bam's teacher's last day and it was sad saying goodbye to her. She was hugging the kids goodbye crying like crazy. Bam-Bam sat in her lap on the ground during dismissal in the courtyard trying to wipe her tears away and smiling right in her face at her which probably made it worse for her. I know she will actually try to stay in touch with each one to see how they are doing because that is just how much she does care. We met the new teacher yesterday - she is the stereotypical kindergarten looking teacher with the small sweet voice. I guess we will see how she does. I am a little worried about how Bam-Bam will react not having Miss Maribel there, but he should be okay for today - by Friday we will see how he is really doing without her. The new teacher has some BIG shoes to fill.

King Papa Bear surprised me last night with a little thing he had been hiding in preparation for my birthday in 2 weeks. Apparently he has been "banking" his overtime hours at work only allowing them to pay him for 2 or 3 each week so I wouldn't notice hours missing since the first of the year so he has a nice amount of overtime built up to do something for my birthday. We talked it over last night and decided it would be better to do a weekend away as a family and then a day away for my birthday the weekend after the date alone that way we don't feel guilty! LOL So we are gonna book a weekend at Disney soon (in the next week or two) for all of us and then go away for a day and night probably for the weekend after my birthday for just us. I am looking forward to them both. We haven't had the kids in Disney since the beginning of December so they are definitely having withdrawls and there are lots of specials right now for both annual passholders and FL residents so we can go fairly cheap! Going to look into it today and see what I can get booked for us.

Have to do a little reorganizing today in both bedrooms today for the boys. This will mean getting rid of some toys and stuffed animals which I think is just as hard for me to do sometimes as it is for them. I mean I still have a box in my closet with a few of my favorites from childhood - Baby Beth doll that Grandma and Grandpa gave me when I was about 6 whose real eyes are missing so I painted them on. A Preemie Cabbage Patch Doll (named Justin) who has a pierced ear complete with a cubic zirconia diamond stud earring that I pierced as a pre-teen. A few teddy bears. A Yankee Troll doll and probably a few others I can't remember until I open the box and ooh and ahh over all of the memories!

Baby preparations are in progress finally around here which is one reason for reorganizing the boys' rooms. My fabulous SIL came bearing baby gifts for me the other day - a Graco travel system (stroller and baby carseat/carrier), two infant car seat bases, crib bedding set, Jumper-roo, and an infant bouncy seat!!! I now actually have some things for the baby! Woo Hoo!!! Now all the poor thing needs is a NAME!!!!! What the hell is wrong with us that we are having such a hard time naming this child???? The other three were so easy but this one is just not working out for some reason. Hopefully we will have something picked out before the delivery room!


Posted By Melanie @ 9:28 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: