Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday Memories




Monday Memories: Did I ever tell you about "camping" in Lake Stockholm?


HeeHee...This one is for you, Allison my dear!

I grew up in a small lake community in Northern New Jersey in Sussex County. The lake community itself was pretty big but definitely had the small town feel there. Everyone pretty much knew each other's business...who was getting divorced, who made how much money doing what, and whatever the scandal of the week may have been. Everyone was comfy then with their kids roaming around the neighborhood. We all slept over each other's houses and the summers were one big party!

One year my mother bought me a dome tent with a skylight for some reason (can't remember if it was a birthday or what) but that first day of summer my dear friend Allison and I put it up in my backyard. All summer long we slept out there. Almost every single night. We had it well stocked with blankets and pillows, a few choice stuffed animals (mind you we were in our early teens), a radio complete with our favorite music at the time and oter things I am sure I can't remember. Our other friend Kerry stayed with us some nights too.

We would walk around the lake at night in our PJs and slippers (or barefeet depending) with our teddy bears in hand just talking that fun girl talk at that age about boys, school, family, and our dreams. We had a blast!

At the end of the summer when the tent would come down, we would have a good hour's worth of cleaning it out to do first and then we would laugh at the dead grass underneath it while my father was horrified at his pretty lawn gone bad!

Links to Other Monday Memories:

  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Collecting My Thoughts









  • Click here for the Monday Memories code
    Click here for Shelli's blog


    Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!






    Posted By Melanie @ 7:08 PM |
    Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: