Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday Memories



Monday Memories: Did I ever tell you about Swimming in the Fountains on Campus?

I went to college when I was 17 at Florida Southern College in Lakeland, Florida. This was not a huge school by any means. At the time it was more known for its Liberal Arts programs. There was a huge enrollment there when I went for education majors, which I was and their music program. As a freshman, I was quite the joiner and did anything and everything I could on campus with groups and clubs. By the second semester of my freshman year I rushed and was a Greek - Zeta Tau Alpha.

Having fun around campus was always pretty easy....parties, local bars, events, etc but I think one of the things I had the most fun doing was the childish fun - swimming in the fountains. The campus at FSC was beautiful with lots of fountains. It was always the thing to do to sneak around and put Mr. Bubble and some food coloring in the fountains so the next day all could see the funny display as you walked past them either to the Library or to class or to the Chapel as the spilled bright orange bubbles.

Campus security would walk the campus at night or be on bikes. So to swim in any if the fountains you needed a lookout! We would jump in fully clothed in our PJs and swim, add some bubbles and play, splash the heck out of each other and practically empty some of the smaller fountains! Once someone got a glimpse of security we had to run like hell to get back to the house or to a hiding spot that would conceal our wet and giggling selves.

Nice and juvenile huh??? But it was fun! :)
Links to other Monday Memories

  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Collecting My Thoughts







  • Click here for the Monday Memories code
    Click here for Shelli's blog


    Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!





    Posted By Melanie @ 6:29 AM |
    Comments:
    Thank you!
    [url=http://sdwszuea.com/czzm/ioxw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nbsikbzq.com/yikz/tgal.html]Cool site[/url]
     
    Nice site!
    http://sdwszuea.com/czzm/ioxw.html | http://xgrexjqd.com/cfhn/nbla.html
     
    Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: