Thursday, March 16, 2006

Parenting Dilemma


I feel so heart broken about this and I have no idea how to handle it or what to say. Our plan after the baby was born and old enough to leave our room before we move out of this house into a larger one was to put Bam-Bam and The Professor in a room together and then Lil' Michaleangelo and the baby would room together. Hubby and I were discussing this a bit last night and The Professor heard us. He asked if he could share a room with Lil' Mikey instead of Bam-Bam. When hubby asked him why he said because he likes Lil' Michaleangelo better. Now I know he is closer to Lil' mikey than Bam-Bam because there are a lot of things that Bam-Bam is still unable to do that makes him younger in developmental years than Lil' mikey, but I was so shocked to hear him say it that I didn't know what to say. The Professor immediately dropped his head and said he was sorry when he saw my face (I was ready to cry) and hubby assured him that he never had to apologize for how he felt when he was talking to us and thanked him for being honest but I still could not say a thing to him. He went to bed after that and I was in such shock I couldn't even discuss it with hubby. I have no idea how to handle this one. I know it has to be hard for The Professor to deal with having a brother like Bam-Bam sometimes who is old enough to be able to do things that he can just not do and who probably embarasses him on occasion, but I do not know what to do about it to help him and make him feel closer to Bam-Bam. Don't get me wrong - he loves his brother, they play together and he is the first to stick up for him, but this situation is just a bit more sticky than I was expecting it to be. I just don't know what to do. I feel like crying.


Posted By Melanie @ 9:45 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: