Friday, April 14, 2006

Mom Issues


I have been so irritable with my kids this week and honestly just in general lately. I have found myself yelling at them constantly. So much so that I caught myself doing it yesterday again and I realized I could not remember the last day that went by where I had not blown up at them about something. Granted, I am in the last weeks of my pregnancy so hormones are raging and I am on edge...but is that really an excuse???

I feel terrible about it. Really I do. But I can't seem to get a handle on it right now. I know I am stressed with the baby coming soon and everything that needs to be done. I am tired....I can't sleep, I feel like every part of my body has aches and pains that will never go away, and I am moving slower than ever. It takes everything in me to get the house somewhat straightened up right now let alone really cleaned like I normally do. As soon as I spend an hour cleaning one room and move into the next, the children have trashed the first room and I lose it. That is generally what I am yelling at them about. The mess. Everywhere I turn...a mess. I don't know when they forgot how to pick things up or just clean up after themselves, but it is really bothering me now. Maybe they always didn't and I just did it for them before but can't do it as much right now so I notice more, I don't know. But I can't stand it! The mess is taking over my house and making me insane. Ugh.

I hope once the baby is here that my current bad attitude will be gone. I am trying to think before yelling but so far I have already yelled at the boys once this morning after finding a box of cereal over turned on their newly cleaned bedroom carpet and my two little ones dancing in the Kix crushing them into the rug. So that was a moment I didn't think first but went with the "WHAT do you think you are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" . Must try harder I guess.

Someone wanna come help me clean up and save my ailing sanity????


Posted By Melanie @ 10:24 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: