Friday, May 26, 2006

Howdy!!! :)


Hello everyone!

I am trying to get back online more these days but time is not on my side. Right now I am lucky that the errands I had to run this afternoon put 2 out of 4 of my boys to sleep so I have a few moments to check email and the computer a bit.

We had a nasty stomach bug go through the house. It began with Alex who can vomit like a champ. Picture it.... the 2 year old is running around playing behind his older brothers, stops dead in his tracks to puke on my carpet, wipes his mouth on his arm and resumes chasing after his brothers like nothing happened. Ugh! Then it hit Jake who is more like his mom and gets quite upset after each episode. Then it hit Nicholas. Everyone was in bed early that night and still sick in the morning only to have myself and the baby join the ranks of the stomach sick! Poor hubby had to take off from work to play nursemaid to the 5 of us all day long! Luckily he never got the bug. All are feeling well again.

Today is the first day of summer vacation and what a day it has been. Mommy will be in need of some serious medication by the end of next week if we do not find a way to make some kind of order or schedule or something around here. The children will learn that just because I am a mother who can multi-task fairly well, it does not mean I have more than two hands or that I can handle 10 different requests in 5 seconds from 4 different kids! I think my hair is turning grey finally and it only took 3 weeks after the 4th child was born to do it to me.

Speaking of 3 weeks after the baby was born - HOLY MOSES!!!! It took getting pregnant to find a marvelous diet!!! I have lost 29.4 pounds in the last 3 weeks since Matthew was born when I was weighed before delivery. Granted, I did have an almost 10 pound baby so there was a large amount of it but WOW!!! I only gained 10 pounds this pregnancy and began overweight, so to be down this much this fast is thrilling to me. Now if I can only keep it down and continue to lose weight..... Weight Watchers, here I come!!! As soon as the doctor says okay anyway. :)

The baby is doing good. His cardiologist appointment is coming up on June 5th. I am hoping they tell us the hole in his heart is beginning to repair itself so we do not need to dicuss anything further, but we will pray and keep our fingers crossed and let you know how it goes.

Another date coming - Monday is Jake's 5 th birthday! I can't believe my Jacob is going to be 5 already. We aren't having a big party for him since he really does not like them. We will just behaving some cake and presents with his grandparents, us, and my sister that evening and then Jake will go to Disney for the day with Daddy and Nick instead of having a party in a week or two to celebrate.

Our vacation to NJ is coming at the end of June. That's when my Dad gets to meet Matthew (as well as the rest of our family there). I can't wait to see the Jersey shore again. It has been a long time since we have been there and I miss it.

Well, my "me" time is ending since I hear that sweet baby cry from the bassinet. Feeding time! Will check in again soon! Hugs to all!


Posted By Melanie @ 3:38 PM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: