Monday, July 24, 2006

Back to School Prep


Oh my! How expensive and extensive these school supply lists get each year. I can't imagine how much I will be spending when all four boys are in school. Ugh, I just felt a slight shudder at the mere thought of it!

I went school supply shopping on Saturday. Not clothes shopping, because I have already done that but SUPPLY shopping. You know....notebooks, pencils, tissues, graph paper, etc. So $107 later for supplies for 2 children I am done until Open House on August 3rd when I get to go to the school store and buy the school planners.

How on earth did I make it through shcool only showing up with some pencils and notebooks??? These kids need everything under the sun from the basic pencils and notebooks, crayons and markers, glue and rulers to dry erase markers and Ziploc gallon bags, tissues and baby wipe containers and a pack of copy paper!. And then midway through the year the supplies need a "refresher" and will need replacing! I understand money is tight for education so they squeeze all they can on the ridiculous budgets they get for supplies for schools that are overcrowded to begin with but WOW!!!

All I can say is thank God the boys go to a Uniform school so they don't need as many clothes. And the two of their clothes shopping cost me enough for school and we have yet to buy the school TShirt for this year or Sweatshirt!

I am going to need a second mortgage on the house when all four boys are in school between clothes and supplies! All I can manage is another Oh My!!!


Posted By Melanie @ 8:00 AM |
Comments:
Wow! You got nailed! I only had to buy postit notes, pencils, pens, glue stix, folders and notebooks. Times 2. I got out under $10.

I'm sure there will be more... I do have to purchase gym uniforms for them. I'm sure she won't wear his hand me downs... Sweaty boy clothes - even though they've been washed - seem so yucky!

LBC
 
Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: