Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Things about Melanie


1. My 25 year old single sister has discussed moving into our house with us for a few months while she either searches for her very own house to own. She has NO idea what she is in for with a house full of 4 little boys! *insert sinister laugh here*

2. I am sick still. My throat hurts so bad the kids are getting away with murder because it hurts to bother yelling at them. Sure, go ahead and leap from the coffee table to the couch Superman.

3. I think my mother is happier than I am about planning my vow renewal for next year. *She* has already talked to a DJ and a bartender for an event 11 months away that isn't even hers!

4. I am actually having a very hard time realizing that my oldest will be 9 years old next week. He is almost as tall as me already which is really not fair.

5. I think I may have married a workaholic! This is the third night this week where it is almost 9pm and still no hubby! Deadlines suck. New design due tomorrow for a client so at least it is over with for now....Until then next one anyway

6. Jake's teacher is getting on my nerves. His homework is ridiculous for an autistic kindergarten class. We had to identify sight words in a book tonight! Away, do, blue, cat, etc... Last night we had to find and trace an object that was a circle. Last night was acceptable. Sight words are not for a child that can not use more than three words together to form a command/sentence. Talk about inconsistant!

7. And another teacher issue - Jake's notes home about what he did today have read all week "uncooperative" or "resistant to work". Are you freaking kidding me? I have a 5 year old autistic son that can't sit still for more than a 2 minute stretch and that is a small miracle most days and you give me "uncooperative". Uncooperative with what? No explanation. So I wrote a note after seeing that for the fourth time this week. We'll see how that goes. Not expecting miracles.

8. Jake's Autism Walk team is looking like we may be adding some walkers! Quite excited! My mother had a work commitment on that date but it was moved so she will be joining us and so will two of her friends. She also is trying to get a banner donated for our team from a friend.

9. I have at least 2 doctors appointments each week for the next 4 weeks straight between me and the boys and then 2 weeks off and 2 more weeks of appointments! YIKES!

10. Matthew and Alex both go tomorrow afternoon. Both are due for shots. Mommy will cry more than they will.

11. I am thinking of selling Avon. Yup, that's right. I'll be your friendly Avon Lady! :) I meet with the sales chick next week. We'll see

12. I am also going to enroll in the next semester at community college here and finish up my AA and then probably go to the university part time to complete my BS in Special Ed. I'm very nervous and very excited all at once! It will take some time going part time, but at least I will do it!

13. This weekend is moving things around day! We are moving the three boys into one room which will be quite the task to make room for my sister. Time to clean house! Rid of old toys, books, etc and call for a Vietnam Vets pickup! ;)





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Posted By Melanie @ 8:56 PM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: