Wednesday, October 18, 2006

This Spongebob Phenomenon


I just don't get it. I really don't.

I have lived through a plethora of bad kiddo culutral phenomenons with the boys thus far. You name it and we have probably watched it if it was produced after 1997 when my oldest was born. But this Spongebob crap I just don't get. The others were at least somewhat educational in a sense but this show is just too much for my head. Granted, I am not a person who will laugh at those ridiculous, juvenile, potty humor type comedies like the movie Dumb and Dumber or anything so maybe that is my problem.

I was lucky that the kids never watched it at first until quite recently, as in the last couple of months. After seeing a few episodes I prayed that it would be a quick fad in our house, but noooooo. We have since had a Spongebob themed birthday party, have the Spongebob edition of the game LIFE, and even own two DVD movies. Apparently my children feel the need to torture Mom for a little while with this one.

I can't stand the show personally. I think it is vile. I thought Barney and Teletubbies were bad. And now I seem to be living in Bikini Bottom Hell. Ugh.


Posted By Melanie @ 6:48 AM |
Comments:
Hi there, Melanie. Visiting from Michele's on this very dark early morning (thank goodness for my laptop's keyboard light!)

I share your disdain for all things Spongebob. There's a degree of nastiness that seems to wind through the entire show, and it saddens me that this represents the supposed state-of-the-art in today's children's programming.

The guy who created it is supposedly a marine biologist. His goal was to teach kids about the undersea world. Something tells me he missed. Big time.

Sigh...
 
Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: