Friday, July 06, 2007

Anally Organized


I know I am a tad bit anal and full of a whole lot of OCD issues, but I figured out a way to try to manage my food bill a tad better around here by using those traits. Want a good laugh???

I took some old food reciepts and made a table for each place I shop (BJ's, Walmart, Publix, Albertsons) and put the items into the table so that I can make a meal list for each week and shop for the items at the places that will save me the most money.

We are on a tight budget at the moment trying to save for a new car downpayment and the way these boys eat, my main spending each month is my groceries bill. Hoping this helps cut it a bit.

To give you an idea of what I mean by my boys eat like crazy - Yesterday Nick had cereal for breakfast at about 7am, by 9am he was having 2 pieces of french toast and a gogurt. Then at 11:30 he had a hot dog and some grapes, an hour later he was making 2 bagels with cream cheese and by 2pm he was eating a PB&J sandwich. This doesn't even count the snacks he ate in between or even dinner! And this is only one of my kids!

See why I need to budget more for food? That budgeted amount for groceries needs to go absolutely as far as it possibly can with the way these kids eat! Not to mention my diet.... wish me luck.


Posted By Melanie @ 10:27 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: