Friday, August 17, 2007

School Monday!!! WOO HOO!!!!!


We had open house last night. Both boys met their teachers, saw their classes, etc. They are in the same building again this year only doors down from one another. :) This is Nick's first year not having a teacher from the previous year move up to the next grade with him so that was new finding a new teacher and classroom! But his teacher seems very nice. He doesn't know any of the kids in his class yet, but he is happy to meet new friends he said! His teacher's daughter worked with Jake in his class last year in one of their 5th grade helpers program so that was funny to meet her.

I am SOOOOOO very excited about Jake's teacher this year! She's new to the school district and was teaching at Eden (private Autism school in FL and NJ costs $25,000 yearly!) prior to working public school. She has 7 years of specialized autism trainnig and teaching experience, is certified in ABA/VBA and is so on her game!!! I am so thrilled!!! I really think she will do awesome things for him! :)

The only complaint I have was Nick's grade had an updated supply list with some items added to it I did not buy. I have no problem getting the supplies from the list because I understand that budgets are small for each classroom but these lists get a little bigger and a little more crazy each year. I am used to the supply lists with a certain number of pencils, different notebooks, packs of paper, tissues, baby wipes, markers, etc on them but Nick's new list added things like headphones and a sock to it! ?????

Anyway, list completed after a quick stop at Target on the way home last night. C'mon Monday!!!! :) *doin' my happy dance*
Honestly I will miss the boys and worry all day about their first day, especially Alex at PreK, but I will be so happy to keep the house clean and the food I buy over the weekend in the fridge!!!


Posted By Melanie @ 1:16 PM |
Comments:
I hope things are going well for you on this first day back to school!

That's wonderful news about Jake's teacher. A good teacher can really make a big change- so I'm hoping she can do wonderful things for him!!
 
Great work.
 
Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: