Thursday, August 09, 2007



Today started with running around the house to do a quick clean before my mother came over. She was watching the boys for me so I could finish errands and finish getting Alex signed up for school.

She showed up with Dunkin Donuts coffee for me and Munchkins for the boys. What a woman!

I got Alex signed up for school - he came along and was quite upset when we had to leave since he wanted to stay and play outside with the other kiddos. From there I dragged him to the post office to send out some certified mail $30+ later (that was a whole lot more expensive than it used to be!) we were done there. Off to Target to finish getting the school supplies from the list and a new planner/organizer for Mom's pocketbook since my old one was covered in Juicy Juice courtesy of Matthew.

After that we came home where I was met coming in the door by Nick who asked if he could please go home with Grandma for the night alone without his brothers. I agreed, but will be driving up there to get him tommorrow and checking out the new indoor playground by her house with my mother and all four kids tommorrow afternoon. Alex was quite upset Nick was leaving him but was happy again when I told him our plans for tomorrow. Jake hardly looked up to say goodbye from his computer screen when they left.

I am toying with going back to work full time to help with expenses around here more, be able to save more and pay for more therapies for Jake. When I signed Alex up for PreK (free 3 hour per day, 5x's a week program) I asked for the full time prices and rates for Matthew just in case I was to need them. $285 per week for the two of them and this does not include before and after school care for Nick and Jake. YIKES!!! Not sure it will pay off at all to go back to work but we'll see.


Posted By Melanie @ 1:29 PM |
Comments: Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: