Monday, September 10, 2007

Things coming back to normal....


It has been a whirlwind around here lately.

Our anniversary was quite the dud to say the least after Adam's uncle passed away and our trip was cancelled. We have been so very busy running around. During the days before and days of the viewing and service we were back and forth to the airport more times than I like to count. We spent lots of money feeding everyone! lol

The service was nice and casual. Just the way he would have liked. They even managed to get his Harley into the funeral home next to his casket! It is now parked in our garage where it will remain in Adam's care. I have only seen Adam cry a few times in our 12+ years together as both a couple and friends and this was so very hard on him. It was very sad. But it is overwith now and everyone is trying to move on. There is lots to deal with in the aftermath of it all - his home, finances, etc. Grandma and Grandpa need to be checked in on often and Adam's mother will be spending more time here.

It was nice to attempt to take part of our trip after the services and go away for the night and have the day together. God knows we needed it after the weekend we had. The room was great with a GORGEOUS view and we loved staying concierge! We had a beautiful romantic (and grownup!) dinner together (with wine!!!). I wish we had the whole time we planned but it worked out okay for what it was.

I have been so busy trying to help out his family and getting all back into the swing of things around here that I have had no time - or desire- to be online! Our updates:
We ordered a new sectional sofa with a queen sofa bed and two recliners. We added an extra recliner to complete the package!! It comes on Sept 25th!
I have an interview (FINALLY) for a full time position this week at the hospital for a clerical position. The pay is awful (over $1 less per hour then I make as a part time cashier!) but the benefits are great, it is full time days, no weekends and no holidays plus an on-site discounted employee daycare. So we'll see how that turns out.
Adam's job is doing lay-offs and he was asked to take a paycut. Sucks to be in any part of the housing market right now. So we are really watching the pennies. I may even keep the part time cashier job on the weekends up to Christmas if I get the hospital job just to build up our savings account again. I would love anyone's budgeting tips - always could use some new ones since we are a family of 6!!!!
Kids are doing good in school - they have two days off this week which my dear Nicholas is looking forward to so that he can play on the Wii all day (which he is sorely mistaken to think that way when he has mutiplication to practice and 2 chapter books left to read for AR) and Alex is quite upset about it since he will not be able to play with his new little friend "Abigail" in the school kitchen center. Jake could care less one way or the other. He has fun at school playing or at home. Matthew is cranky today and getting a cough and stuffy nose which he is so graciously also passing on to me and Adam!

That's all here in a nutshell! Off to visit those of you I certainly missed reading about!


Posted By Melanie @ 2:21 PM |
Comments:
Thanks for the update! I hope things are winding down and getting back to normal for you.

I looked around for you while we were at Disney. Too bad we didn't run into each other. I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy yourself.

I hope Adam is doing better. I'm keeping your family in my prayers.
 
Wow! I didn't realize all that was going on around your place. You're the rock of that family of 6 and I hope you take some time out to take care of yourself girl!
I'll be thinking about you.
 
Post a Comment
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: New Jersey, United States

    Mom of 4 - Nick, Jake, Alex, and Matt, Married to my best friend and other half that makes me whole, Adam. Liberal. Jersey Girl always....

    1. Adam, The Hubby, My Best Friend & True Love
    2. Nicholas, aka The Professor: tenured 9/97
    3. Jacob, aka Bam-Bam: debuted 5/01
    4. Alexander, aka Lil' Michaelangelo: creating since 8/03
    5. Matthew, aka Bun in the Oven: arrived 5/06
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Autism Society of America
  • Autism Speaks
  • Hugs4SmilesUSA
  • Autism Recovery Network of Florida
  • Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
  • March of Dimes Walk America
  • The Home Designer
  • Happy Momma
  • LadyBug Crossing
  • Michele Agnew
  • Amy's Random Thoughts
  • For The Love of Peas and Monkeys
  • Valtool's Box
  • Especially Heather
  • And Miles To Go Before We Sleep
  • Our Happy Happenings
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • The Goat Rodeo
  • Not Enough Hours...
  • Sarge Charlie
  • It Coulda' Been Worse
  • My Home Sweet Home
  • braincancerbutton.png
    We're Watching You
    1. Some of my all time favorites:
    2. The DaVinci Code
    3. Angels and Demons
    4. The Lovely Bones
    5. The Five People You Meet In Heaven
    6. The Tales of the Otori
    7. All Harry Potter Books
    8. Julius Caesar
    9. Cell
    10. Misery
  • Disney
  • All Ears Net


    1. ________________
      Add this to your site


    1. Design By: